Apple Hill Scout Reserve
January 25-26, 2020
This camp focuses on Odawa Troops practicing basic winter camping skills and
participating in the Odawa “Sub Zero Club”, if we are lucky enough to get conditions that allow us to meet the requirements.
For those Troops and Members that have never attended this camp, or need a
refresher, here is a bit of a description of the area. The camp is in a wooded area with several large clearings which should give an adequate amount of snow for building quinzhees. Troops are also required to carry or sled in all their gear from the parking lot to their camping area.
For more information and registration, click here
May 8 to 10, 2020 (Friday night optional)
Calling all White-Tail Beavers and Howler Cubs!
Come for a taste of youth-led activities you can enjoy in Cubs or Scouts next fall.
Separate activities for Beavers and Cubs are planned and run by Scouts (supported by Scouters).
At the camp, you only need to BRING 1 Scouter per 8 youth. Yes, ONE Scouter can bring up to 8 youth without needing a second Scouter BECAUSE at the White Tail / Howler camp, we all camp together. We thus provide two deep to each other.
Apple Hill Scout Reserve (http://applehillscoutreserve.ca/)
18739 Concession 2 Road (Hughie Munro Street), North Glengarry, Ontario. Use the main south entrance.
- Arrive: Friday, May 8, after supper (or Saturday morning by 8:30 a.m., before programming)
- Depart: Sunday, May 10, 11:30 a.m. (before lunch)
- $45 for Beaver and Cub Scouts; $35 for Scouters, parents and youth helpers.
- Fee covers food (Friday snack, Saturday meals and snacks, Sunday breakfast), camp fees and crests; the fee is the same if you arrive Friday night or Saturday morning.
Registration and payment
- Fill out the registration sheet and email it to Nicole Washington at nwashington @ Rogers (dot) com by 17:00 on Friday, April 26.
- Bring payment to camp with you. We must ask you to pay for the number of attendees listed on your group’s form even if you have late cancellations (we buy groceries for those numbers).
- Make cheques payable to Scouts Canada, Odawa Area.
Emergency information, training and paperwork
- Bring to camp all emergency/contact info for the Group’s youth, Scouters and parents.
- Ensure that the relevant members of your Group know where to find that info at camp.
- Before coming, read the Apple Hill Scout Reserve (AHSR) rules, which are posted at camp.
- AHSR emergency plan
- Adults at camp must be current on training/paperwork. If in doubt, ask your Group Commissioner.
Food, equipment, garbage, parking
- Bring your own tents and sleeping gear. No kitchen equipment is necessary.
- Bring your dishes and water bottles — we’ll feed and water you!
- Helpers needed: People to bring home garbage/recycling, to direct traffic on Friday evening/Saturday morning, to act as registrar and to assist youth running stations as requested.
- Parents dropping off and picking up youth are to park in the lot near the entrance to the camp and walk gear in/out. Youth should try to carry their own gear. Each Group may designate one emergency vehicle/gear hauler and park it in the lot just past the lodge (decide ahead of time). Please inform parents before camp about parking.
Need info? Want to help? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See registration form, Apple Hill Emergency Plan and a kit list .
The long awaited registration packages for the Odawa Kub Kar Rally, Scout Truck Rodeo and the new Kybo Run event can be found at these links:
Registration Due Date: Sunday Feb. 23, 2020
Race Day: March 28, 2020
Doors Open for setup 9 AM
All events should finish by 2:30 PM
Where: Jean-Marc Lalonde Arena, Rockland, ON (Google Map Link)
Don’t forget your important papers (fees), and we’ll see you on Race Day!
With activities like building fires, archery, a ninja line and baking cookies this is sure to be a can’t miss event. Wait – Baking Cookies!! – but how – we only have open fire!!! You will have to join the Fall Cubaree to find out!
- Where: Apple Hill Scout Reserve
- When: October 18 – 20 2019
- Who: Open to all Odawa area cubs
- Why: After building a fire, hitting a bullseye and completing a ninja line who wouldn’t want a cookie
Clearly this is a can’t miss event that needs to be added to your calendar now! Full camp details to be released by September 13 2019.
All the info you need to know about this year’s Night Owl is in the document below, but in short:
When: April 27-28, 2019
NOTE: Do not arrive before 3 PM, esp. if you have sr. Cubs joning you, as April 27 is the also the annual spring work weekend, and there will be heavy equipment onsite. If your group is helping with the work weekend and has Cub aged youth coming for night owl, please have them arrive after 3 PM on Sat.
Everyone needs to be offsite by 10:30 on Sunday the 28th.
Registration package is here.
Out of This World
Come camping Out of This World! There will be lots of games, fun, and even some STEM activities!
Where: Apple Hill Scout Reserve
When: June 7-9, 2019
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, end of day
The camp information document is here
The camp registration form is here
Ahoy Colonies! The Fall Beaveree be fast upon you!
When: Nov. 17, 2018
Where: R.J. Kennedy Community Center in Cumberland.
Registration due by no later than Saturday, Nov. 9th.
Arrr! Don’t forget yer paperwork, which has all the details you need: PDF: 2018 Fall Beaveree Registration Package MS Word: 2018 Fall Beaveree Registration Package
Be sure to email that to Scouter Suzie on time!
Our annual BP Skills and Medic Alert Camp will be held:
When: Oct. 12-14, 2018
Where: Camp Opemikon
See registration package for more details! The schedule will be posted at a later date.
Also, this is a call for volunteers – Scouters, Sr. Scouts, Venturers, and Rovers, who would like to help us run this camp and make it the success it is each year. Please see the Activity sign up sheet and send your info back to Scouter David Kerrivan – Odawa DAC Program and Scouter Charlene Martens (Area Commissioner) (ma-bpskills[at]odawa-scouting.ca)
Opemikon Emergency Plan for Users
CAMP OPEMIKON PARKING
Have you ever wanted to be part of a circus? Are you naturally good at clowning around? Just want to learn or have fun?
Where: Apple Hill Scout Reserve
When: June 9 to 11
All the details for this year’s year end camp are in the following:
We hope to see you all there!