May 8 to 10, 2020 (Friday night optional)
Calling all White-Tail Beavers and Howler Cubs!
Come for a taste of youth-led activities you can enjoy in Cubs or Scouts next fall.
Separate activities for Beavers and Cubs are planned and run by Scouts (supported by Scouters).
At the camp, you only need to BRING 1 Scouter per 8 youth. Yes, ONE Scouter can bring up to 8 youth without needing a second Scouter BECAUSE at the White Tail / Howler camp, we all camp together. We thus provide two deep to each other.
Apple Hill Scout Reserve (http://applehillscoutreserve.ca/)
18739 Concession 2 Road (Hughie Munro Street), North Glengarry, Ontario. Use the main south entrance.
- Arrive: Friday, May 8, after supper (or Saturday morning by 8:30 a.m., before programming)
- Depart: Sunday, May 10, 11:30 a.m. (before lunch)
- $45 for Beaver and Cub Scouts; $35 for Scouters, parents and youth helpers.
- Fee covers food (Friday snack, Saturday meals and snacks, Sunday breakfast), camp fees and crests; the fee is the same if you arrive Friday night or Saturday morning.
Registration and payment
- Fill out the registration sheet and email it to Nicole Washington at nwashington @ Rogers (dot) com by 17:00 on Friday, April 26.
- Bring payment to camp with you. We must ask you to pay for the number of attendees listed on your group’s form even if you have late cancellations (we buy groceries for those numbers).
- Make cheques payable to Scouts Canada, Odawa Area.
Emergency information, training and paperwork
- Bring to camp all emergency/contact info for the Group’s youth, Scouters and parents.
- Ensure that the relevant members of your Group know where to find that info at camp.
- Before coming, read the Apple Hill Scout Reserve (AHSR) rules, which are posted at camp.
- AHSR emergency plan
- Adults at camp must be current on training/paperwork. If in doubt, ask your Group Commissioner.
Food, equipment, garbage, parking
- Bring your own tents and sleeping gear. No kitchen equipment is necessary.
- Bring your dishes and water bottles — we’ll feed and water you!
- Helpers needed: People to bring home garbage/recycling, to direct traffic on Friday evening/Saturday morning, to act as registrar and to assist youth running stations as requested.
- Parents dropping off and picking up youth are to park in the lot near the entrance to the camp and walk gear in/out. Youth should try to carry their own gear. Each Group may designate one emergency vehicle/gear hauler and park it in the lot just past the lodge (decide ahead of time). Please inform parents before camp about parking.
Need info? Want to help? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See registration form, Apple Hill Emergency Plan and a kit list .