Ready to race?
Bring your Kub Kars and Scout Trucks (standard and custom) to the arena for race day! Enjoy a hot dog lunch and the company of your fellow Cubs, Scouts and Scouters. Are you a Scouter without a vehicle to race? Come volunteer: we’d love to have you! Be sure to register by February 23. We’re looking forward to seeing you.
Get the registration form, information and schedule (PDF and Word), as well as the specs, below.
If your Group is sending youth to both events (taking place at the same location), use one copy of the registration for the Kub Kar Rally and another copy for the Scout Truck Rodeo.
When and where
- March 4, 2017
- Jean Marc Lalonde Arena, Rockland, Ontario (1450 Du Parc Avenue)
- Doors open: 9:00 a.m.
- Opening ceremony: 10:00 a.m.
- Pick-up: 2:30 p.m.
- Registration deadline: Thursday, February 23, 2017
- Complete the registration forms for your Pack and your Troop email them to 1stCumberland@gmail.com.
- Cost: $15 per Cub/Scout and $7 per Scouter/parent (includes lunch and crest)
- Note: You must pay for the people registered even if they can’t attend (the food will be purchased and prepared according to registration numbers).
- Bring payment for your Pack and Troop with you to the event. Make cheques payable to “Scouts Canada — Odawa Area”.
- Large all-beef hotdog (vegetarian option: vegetarian chili)
- Bag of chips
- Juice or water
- Please note any dietary requirements on the registration form.
Volunteers needed for
- Vehicle check-in
- Pit crew
- Monitoring start at tracks
- Scoring at bottom of tracks
To help the day go smoothly
- Indoor shoes
- A sweater or fleece (it’s an arena)
- Water bottle
- Nut-free snacks
- Books, deck of cards, crafts, etc., to use during a lull in programming (final races, Scouter races)
- No running or climbing in the arena or stands (all Scouters, please enforce)
Registration due Jan. 20
When: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: RJ Kennedy Community Centre, 1115 Dunning Rd., Cumberland, ON K4C 1P6
Registration: Email Scoutercharlene at gmail.com by Friday January 20, 2017.
—Winter Cubaree info 2017
—Winter Cuabree registration form
Let Scouter Charlene know by Jan. 20 if you intend to bring youth (even if you have only approximate numbers). We will decide the weekend of Jan. 21 whether there is enough interest to hold the event.
We are also looking for helpers to run stations, indoors and out!
Cost: $15 for all Cub Scouts; $7 for Scouters/parents.
- Pay by cash or cheque (payable to “SCOUTS CANADA ODAWA AREA”).
- Payment due at the event for the total listed on registration form; no refunds from Area.
Check-in and payment:
- 9 a.m. on January 28, inside the community centre (one Scouter per Pack).
- Gather your Pack outside at the front of the community centre with a designated Scouter from your Group.
- Once all expected youth are present, have one Scouter check in at the table inside the gym.
Lunch is included:
- Each participant will receive 2 hot dogs, 1 juice box, 1 bag of chips
- Lunch orders will be prepared for your group. When lunch pick-up is called, please have ONLY 1 Scouter come to pick your Group’s box of food.
- Special requirements: Under Allergies on the registration form, also mention if you need any vegetarian meals or no-pork meals, and how many participants for each. This will help us make sure we have appropriate food on hand.
Be prepared: Programming takes place indoors and outdoors, so dress for the weather!
Opening: 9:30 a.m. in the field behind the community centre.
Closing: 2 p.m.; pick-up immediately afterwards.
Who can attend:
Howler Camp registration package now available
This camp shares a date and location with the White Tail camp, and we’ll be sharing meals.
Click here to download the info and registration package: 2017_Odawa_Howler_Camp_Info+Registr+Emerg+Kitlist
Registration due by April 28.
Questions? Tom Breuer (tombreuer3 at gmail.com) or Susan Liddle (liddlesj at gmail.com).
When: May 5 to 7 (Friday night optional)
Where: Apple Hill Scout Reserve
Who: For Howlers; to be run by Scouts with the help of Scouters
What: Youth-led camp to introduce Howlers to the kinds of activities they’ll get to do as Scouts.
Date: 9 April, 2016
Location: Jean Marc LaLonde Arena, Rockland, Ontario (1450 Du Parc Avenue)
Time: Doors open @ 9:00, opening @10:00, closing @ 2:30 p.m. (see schedule for more details)
2016 Scout Trucks.Registration
2016 Kub Kar Rally – Info Flyer
WHO: White Tail Beavers and Senior Cubs
WHEN: Apr 25
WHERE: Apple Hill Scout Reserve