May 10 to 12 at Apple Hill Scout Reserve
Join us at Apple Hill Scout Reserve (near Maxville, about an hour from east Ottawa) for a weekend camp that prepares White Tail Beavers for Cub Scouts, and Howlers for Scouts.
Calling Odawa youth and Scouters!
If you’re a Scout, Venturer or Rover who’d like to come and play for the weekend and show some youth leadership, let us know. We’re recruiting the camp committee now. It’s a great way to earn volunteer hours. Planning and running a camp looks great on your resume, too.
If you’rea Howler Cub Scout or White Tail BeaverScout, ask your Scouters to plan to come to this camp so you can preparefor advancement to your next section.
Scouters, worried about ratio? Never fear! You can bring a group of youth even if you have only one Scouter. We’ll be camping close to one another, and the other Scouters at camp will be able to help ensure that the two-deep rule is followed.
- Apple Hill Scout Reserve (http://applehillscoutreserve.ca/)
- 18739 Concession 2 Road (Hughie Munro Street), North Glengarry, Ontario. Use the south (main) entrance.
- Arrive: Friday, May 10, after supper (or Saturday morning before programming starts)
- Depart: Sunday, May 12, 11:30 a.m. (before lunch)
- $45 for Beaver and Cub Scouts; $35 for Scouters, parents and youth helpers.
- Camp committee: free.
- Fee covers food (Friday snack, Saturday meals and snacks, Sunday breakfast), camp fees and crests; same fee if you come Friday night or Saturday morning.
Registration and payment
- Registration form and kit list will be available in February 2019.
- Registration will be due April 10, 2019
- Payment will be due at camp upon arrival.
Seeking crest designs
- Send your crest ideas for this joint camp to liddlesj at gmail.com by February 15, 2019.
- Theme ideas: basic skills, advancing to next section, growing in Scouts… come up with your own
Need more info? Want to help? Send an email to Scouter Susan at liddlesj at gmail.com.