Train-Your-Dragon Fall Cubaree, September 22 to 24, 2017, at Apple Hill Scout Reserve
Calling Odawa Area Cubs, Scouters and helpers! Come launch your Scouting year at camp. Program (under development) to include the following and more:
–FLEX (leadership training for Howlers)
–Basic dragon-training skills (coincidentally, similar to Cub Scout skills!)
–Outdoor Activity Skills (Camping, Trail Skills, Scoutcraft)
Registration deadline: September 19
To make this a success, we need volunteers to help with all aspects of the camp: planning, running stations, registration, first aid, cooking for camp committee, campfire and anything else you can think of. Please email me if you will help out, at liddlesj at gmail.com.
Registration due Jan. 20
When: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: RJ Kennedy Community Centre, 1115 Dunning Rd., Cumberland, ON K4C 1P6
Registration: Email Scoutercharlene at gmail.com by Friday January 20, 2017.
—Winter Cubaree info 2017
—Winter Cuabree registration form
Let Scouter Charlene know by Jan. 20 if you intend to bring youth (even if you have only approximate numbers). We will decide the weekend of Jan. 21 whether there is enough interest to hold the event.
We are also looking for helpers to run stations, indoors and out!
Cost: $15 for all Cub Scouts; $7 for Scouters/parents.
- Pay by cash or cheque (payable to “SCOUTS CANADA ODAWA AREA”).
- Payment due at the event for the total listed on registration form; no refunds from Area.
Check-in and payment:
- 9 a.m. on January 28, inside the community centre (one Scouter per Pack).
- Gather your Pack outside at the front of the community centre with a designated Scouter from your Group.
- Once all expected youth are present, have one Scouter check in at the table inside the gym.
Lunch is included:
- Each participant will receive 2 hot dogs, 1 juice box, 1 bag of chips
- Lunch orders will be prepared for your group. When lunch pick-up is called, please have ONLY 1 Scouter come to pick your Group’s box of food.
- Special requirements: Under Allergies on the registration form, also mention if you need any vegetarian meals or no-pork meals, and how many participants for each. This will help us make sure we have appropriate food on hand.
Be prepared: Programming takes place indoors and outdoors, so dress for the weather!
Opening: 9:30 a.m. in the field behind the community centre.
Closing: 2 p.m.; pick-up immediately afterwards.
Who can attend: