This year’s Subzero camp will be on Jan 27th at Apple Hill Scout Reserve. The registration deadline has been extended to Jan 25th. All other details are in the PDF linked below. See you there!
Our annual BP Skills and Medic Alert Camp will be held:
When: Oct. 13-15, 2017
Where: Camp Opemikon
See registration package for more details!
Also, this is a call for volunteers – Scouters, Sr. Scouts, Venturers, and Rovers, who would like to help us run this camp and make it the success it is each year. Please see the Activity sign up sheet and send your info back to Scouter David Kerrivan – Odawa DAC Program (gc[at]1stgreenwoodscouting.ca or dkerrivan[at]gmail.com)
Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
Location: RJ Kennedy Community Centre, 1115 Dunning Rd., Cumberland, ON K4C 1P6
Registration: Email rainbow.beavers at gmail.com no later than Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
Registration form: Odawa_Fall_Winter_Beaveree_2017_Info_Registration
Cost: $15 for all Beaver Scouts; $7 for Scouters/parents.
- Pay by cash or cheque (payable to “SCOUTS CANADA ODAWA AREA”).
- Payment due at the event for the total listed on registration form; no refunds from Area.
Check-in and payment:
- 9:30 to 9:50 a.m. (no earlier!), inside the community centre (one Scouter per Colony).
- Gather your Colony outside at the front of the community centre with a designated Scouter from your Group.
- Once all youth are present, have one Scouter per Colony check in at the table outside the gym in the lobby.
Lunch is included:
- Each participant will receive 2 hot dogs, 1 juice box, 1 bag of chips
- Lunch orders will be prepared for your group. When lunch pick-up is called, please have ONLY 1 Scouter come to pick your Group’s box of food.
- Special requirements: On the registration form, mention if you need any vegetarian or no-pork meals, and how many of each. This will help us make sure we have appropriate food on hand.
Be prepared: It is November. Programming takes place indoors and outdoors, so dress for the weather!
Opening: 10:00 a.m. in the field behind the community centre.
Closing: 2:00 p.m.; pick-up immediately afterwards.
Who can attend:
Calling Odawa Area Cubs, Scouters and helpers! Come launch your Scouting year at camp. Program (under development) to include the following and more:
–FLEX (leadership training for Howlers)
–Basic dragon-training skills (coincidentally, similar to Cub Scout skills!)
–Outdoor Activity Skills (Camping, Trail Skills, Scoutcraft)
Registration deadline: September 19
To make this a success, we need volunteers to help with all aspects of the camp: planning, running stations, registration, first aid, cooking for camp committee, campfire and anything else you can think of. Please email me if you will help out, at liddlesj at gmail.com.