The Odawa Area has two awards for exceptional Scouters. They are the Odawa Area Award – Program Delivery, and the Odawa Area Award – Service Team.
The criteria for each is defined below along with a link to the relevant online submission form.
Odawa Award – Program Delivery
The purpose of the Odawa Award – Program Delivery is to recognize exceptional program delivery at the Section level.
- has made a significant contribution to the planning and delivery of a Section’s program:
- has delivered exceptional program at the section level for at least 3 years (adults), or 2 years (youth)
- is actively involved in planning activities
- supports youth involvement in planning and delivery of program
On an annual basis:
- participates pin Scouts Canada fundraising
- participates in a community service project with your Section or Group
- participates in at least 3 spiritual activities
- supportes at least 3 linking events
- participates in camps (or overnight activities)
Colony – minimum of 2 camps
Pack – minimum of 3 camps
Troop – minimum of 4 camps
Company – minimum of 4 camps
Crew – minimum of 2 camps
Within the past 3 years, has:
- participated in 2 Area/Council events
- participated in 3 environmental projects
- holds current First Aid qualification
Odawa Award – Service Team
The purpose of the Odawa Award – Service Team is to recognize exceptional support as part of the Area Service Team or Group Committee.
- has made a significant contribution to the Area or Group as a member of the Area Service Team or Group Committee.
- has delivered exceptional support to the Area or Group for at least 3 years (adults), or 2 years (youth)
- is actively involved in Area or Group activities
- attends most Area or Group Committee meetings
- supports the Area Commissioner, Area Youth Commissioner, Group Commissioners, Group Youth Commissioners or Group Committee members.
- fulfills their primary role in the Area or Group with distinction – the Area or their Group is much better off due to their involvement
- participates and supports Area or Group events outside their primary role , and helps other team members fulfill their roles.