Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
Location: RJ Kennedy Community Centre, 1115 Dunning Rd., Cumberland, ON K4C 1P6
Registration: Email rainbow.beavers at gmail.com no later than Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
Registration form: Odawa_Fall_Winter_Beaveree_2017_Info_Registration
Cost: $15 for all Beaver Scouts; $7 for Scouters/parents.
- Pay by cash or cheque (payable to “SCOUTS CANADA ODAWA AREA”).
- Payment due at the event for the total listed on registration form; no refunds from Area.
Check-in and payment:
- 9:30 to 9:50 a.m. (no earlier!), inside the community centre (one Scouter per Colony).
- Gather your Colony outside at the front of the community centre with a designated Scouter from your Group.
- Once all youth are present, have one Scouter per Colony check in at the table outside the gym in the lobby.
Lunch is included:
- Each participant will receive 2 hot dogs, 1 juice box, 1 bag of chips
- Lunch orders will be prepared for your group. When lunch pick-up is called, please have ONLY 1 Scouter come to pick your Group’s box of food.
- Special requirements: On the registration form, mention if you need any vegetarian or no-pork meals, and how many of each. This will help us make sure we have appropriate food on hand.
Be prepared: It is November. Programming takes place indoors and outdoors, so dress for the weather!
Opening: 10:00 a.m. in the field behind the community centre.
Closing: 2:00 p.m.; pick-up immediately afterwards.
Who can attend:
Not to be confused with the Council event a couple of weeks later, which you can find out about at the Council website.
The top section awards for Beavers and Cubs for Odawa Area (North Star Award and Seeonee Award) will be handed out on Sunday morning at the year-end camp. The top awards for the older sections, Chief Scout Awards and Queen’s Venturer Awards, will be handed out on the Friday evening of camp.
Date: June 11, 2017
Time: Morning, during Scouts’ Own
Where: Apple Hill Scout Reserve
Print off the junior section certificates ahead of time and bring them to Apple Hill to hand to the youth. If you wish to purchase a plaque, you can do so at the Scout Shop.
If your Beaver or Cub wants to receive his or her North Star Award or Seeonee Award at the Odawa Area June Camp on June 11, please email Susan Liddle at liddlesj at gmail.com with your group name and the youth’s name BY JUNE 7, so we have an idea of how many youth will receive an award.
Parents\family welcome. Bring chairs and bug spray.
Modifiable and printable version of the North Star Award certificate here: http://www.scoutinglife.ca/wp-content/uploads/bs/north-star-award-certificate.pdf
Modifiable and printable version of the Seeonee Award certificate here: http://www.scoutinglife.ca/wp-content/uploads/cs/seeonee-award-certificate.pdf
Odawa’s year-end camp is coming up soon! Some of our youth have been working hard to plan the activities, and it’s looking to be lots of fun. We hope you’ll join us!
Camp Info Odawa June Camp 2017
Registration Form Odawa June camp 2017
Key dates and information:
- Camp takes place at Apple Hill from June 9 to 11, 2017.
- Registration due by end of day Friday, June 2, 2017.
- Cost: $25 per youth; $20 per Scouter/adult.
Hope to see you there!
White Tail Camp in May
We’d like to find out if there’s enough interest to hold this camp before doing the planning, so please send a “yes” or “no” to Scouter David Kerrivan (dkerrivan_at_gmail.com) or Scouter Charlene Martens (scoutercharlene_at_gmail.com) by Feb. 28, 2017. We’re looking for a commitment to attend, not precise numbers, but rough ones are appreciated!
Here are the details so far:
When: May 5 to 7 (Friday night optional)
Where: Apple Hill Scout Reserve
Who: For White Tails
We hope to hear from you!
WHO: White Tail Beavers and Senior Cubs
WHEN: Apr 25
WHERE: Apple Hill Scout Reserve