White Tail Camp in May
We’d like to find out if there’s enough interest to hold this camp before doing the planning, so please send a “yes” or “no” to Scouter David Kerrivan (dkerrivan_at_gmail.com) or Scouter Charlene Martens (scoutercharlene_at_gmail.com) by Feb. 28, 2017. We’re looking for a commitment to attend, not precise numbers, but rough ones are appreciated!
Here are the details so far:
When: May 5 to 7 (Friday night optional)
Where: Apple Hill Scout Reserve
Who: For White Tails
We hope to hear from you!
The Odawa Night Owl challenge will be held overnight on April 22 – 23, 2017 at the Apple Hill Scout Reserve (18739 Concession 2 Road Apple Hill, ON K0C 1B0 – South side of Apple Hill Scout Reserve (AHSR) ). It is open to Pathfinder and Scout age Youth
The actual overnight hike, where the Youth go, as teams of 4-6 Youth (Pathfinders and Scout age youth – senior Guides and senior Cubs may participate as part of linking if their parent Guiding/Scout Group allows), from station to station to undergo various fun challenges for points – it starts shortly after the Opening ceremony in front of the main Cabin at 7 PM Saturday night and ends at 1 AM Sunday morning with the closing and trophy ceremony at about 7:30 AM Sunday morning, with pickup and departure for home after 8:00 AM. All participants and volunteers are to have departed Apple Hill Scout Reserve by no later than Sunday 10:30 AM.
Full details can be found by clicking here. Contact Scouter Steve BelleFleur if you have any questions (email is in the doc at the link)
Updated information is posted here: Additional Information (Word doc), Additional Information (PDF), Station Details (Word Doc), Stations and Map (PowerPoint).
Ready to race?
Bring your Kub Kars and Scout Trucks (standard and custom) to the arena for race day! Enjoy a hot dog lunch and the company of your fellow Cubs, Scouts and Scouters. Are you a Scouter without a vehicle to race? Come volunteer: we’d love to have you! Be sure to register by February 23. We’re looking forward to seeing you.
Get the registration form, information and schedule (PDF and Word), as well as the specs, below.
If your Group is sending youth to both events (taking place at the same location), use one copy of the registration for the Kub Kar Rally and another copy for the Scout Truck Rodeo.
When and where
- March 4, 2017
- Jean Marc Lalonde Arena, Rockland, Ontario (1450 Du Parc Avenue)
- Doors open: 9:00 a.m.
- Opening ceremony: 10:00 a.m.
- Pick-up: 2:30 p.m.
- Registration deadline: Thursday, February 23, 2017
- Complete the registration forms for your Pack and your Troop email them to 1stCumberland@gmail.com.
- Cost: $15 per Cub/Scout and $7 per Scouter/parent (includes lunch and crest)
- Note: You must pay for the people registered even if they can’t attend (the food will be purchased and prepared according to registration numbers).
- Bring payment for your Pack and Troop with you to the event. Make cheques payable to “Scouts Canada — Odawa Area”.
- Large all-beef hotdog (vegetarian option: vegetarian chili)
- Bag of chips
- Juice or water
- Please note any dietary requirements on the registration form.
Volunteers needed for
- Vehicle check-in
- Pit crew
- Monitoring start at tracks
- Scoring at bottom of tracks
To help the day go smoothly
- Indoor shoes
- A sweater or fleece (it’s an arena)
- Water bottle
- Nut-free snacks
- Books, deck of cards, crafts, etc., to use during a lull in programming (final races, Scouter races)
- No running or climbing in the arena or stands (all Scouters, please enforce)